Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Week 1:The Smile Challenge

In college I have participated in a group scripture study. This semester we have decided to have a weekly challenge. Week 1 was the Smile Challenge. We were challenged to smile all day long, to look up at people as we were walking to class and smile at them. We smiled at everything, the challenge was to smile 24/7.
As I went through this challenge I began to realize how I can change how happy I am feeling just by forcing myself to smile. Even if I wasn't having a good day I can still smile at the blessing I had been given. Such as my loving roommates, or the wind, or the birds chirping. I began to see the little blessing I had been given when I was forcing myself to smile.
Forcing is exaggerating a little bit, like most challenges they become easier the longer the challenge is. This was true for me. Although some days were harder to smile all the time, it became easier to smile. I was happier, I was so much happier. I am already a pretty happy person, but this challenge opened my eyes to see that I can choose to be happy even under rough circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment