Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Week 2: Penny Prayer Challenge

The second challenge we had was to put a penny in our shoe and every time we felt the penny we needed were to say a prayer. Yes, I felt the penny all the time. No, I didn't stop every two seconds to say a prayer. What I did learn was how to have a prayer in my heart. Hymns are a prayer unto our Father in Heaven, so I usually had a hymn in my head. Also I would look at all the things I was grateful for. I also would just see what I could do better through out my day. I would think of the atonement and Jesus Christ.
The penny is always there, just like our Heavenly Father, it's our job however to feel it and pay attention to it and let the spirit come into our hearts and make the Holy Ghost our constant companion. This challenge was simple and once the penny was in my shoe, very easy to remember. Having a prayer in my heart not only blessed me but others as well. Even if I didn't see the results of my prayers for other people, I began to look outside myself and see other's needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment