Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Whats my Gift?

Today while I was in institute we were studying 1 Corinthians 12-16. There was one chapter that I learned a lot from today. This was that we all have spiritual gifts. Paul gave a perfect analogy of why different gifts are essential to the building up of God's kindgom.  Just like a body has different limbs that allow it to function as a whole, we as individuals have different responsibilities to make the church run the way it was intended. Paul discusses how without your nose we wouldn't be able to smell, so why should we want our nose to be our eyes. All spiritual gifts are beneficial to the church. Why would we want someone else's gift when our own is essential to bringing others unto Jesus Christ. His plan was not for all of us to be the same, but for us to get our own experiences and become masters of what we have been given and what we have to offer.

Recognizing spiritual gifts is not boasting. How can w know how to use our spiritual gifts if we don't know we have them? If you have ever had the opportunity to be present when a child discovers they have hands/feet/anything, you will know how special and unique it is to witness how children learn. This is how we can strengthen our spiritual gifts we have been given. I have found that asking to recognize my spiritual gifts I have noticed characteristics about me I didn't know I had, and how grateful I am to know about those characteristics so I can now improve them and make them stronger.

One of the gifts we have that is perfectly fine to covet it the gift of Charity. This gift is the greatest of them all; however charity takes the most time to fully understand. No one on this earth can fully comprehend the significance of Charity. Charity isn't just a characteristic, it is many action based qualities of the heart the makes up charity. This gift is described so wonderfully in 1 Cor 13.

There are many gifts that we all have, the challenge we received was to make a list of our spiritual gifts, then tell someone how much their spiritual gift has helped your life. I invite any who want to, to find their own spiritual gifts and fulfill them the way God wants them to be build up.

SA

No comments:

Post a Comment